It is not a proper celebration at Luxey if we don't bake a cake - so we had to make this delicious banana cake to celebrate Tyler's graduation!
We love this banana cake because this very simple recipe is already full of flavour but you can also create different flavour variations just by adding other ingredients of your choice. You can add raisins, chocolate chips, chopped dates and many other ingredients to the mix and be able to create different flavour options with this one recipe.
This banana cake is a bit more dense than other cake recipes we've shared before, which makes it the perfect match to have with a bit of butter during your afternoon coffee.
Feel free to use your favourite dairy-free milk (we love almond milk for this recipe!), and substitute the coconut oil for a different one like olive oil.
3 medium-sized ripe bananas
¼ cup coconut oil
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¼ cup almond meal
1 ¼ cup gluten-free flour blend
2 heaped teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
½ cup plant-based milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Peel the bananas and place in a wide-bottomed bowl, then use a fork to mash until you get a smooth paste
- Mix the melted coconut oil and maple syrup to a different bowl along with the vinegar, cinnamon, vanilla, and almond meal
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda
- Add the mashed bananas, and mix well, adding the milk a small amount at a time until you get a loose batter.
- Transfer mixture into a greased baking tin lined with baking paper
- Bake in oven for around 30 minutes until risen and golden brown
- Once out the oven, leave to cool and enjoy!