LUXEY RECIPES | Morlife Blue Spirulina Pancakes
Here's a fun and delicious recipe using Morlife's Blue Spirulina Powder.
It is tricky to substitute all-purpose flour for buckwheat flour in baking recipes but using it for this pancake recipe works perfectly! This gluten-free flour is a good source of fiber, and rich in minerals and various plant compounds.
To make this recipe more fun we used Morlife's Blue Spirulina Powder. This powder has such a bright, electric blue colour that you can use as little a teaspoon to add vibrancy to any recipe - including smoothies, homemade ice creams, cookies and of course, pancakes! Blue Spirulina is also a strong fighter against free radicals and preliminary research suggest that it may protect cells in the nervous system, liver, heart and kidneys.
1 cup buckwheat flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup + 1-2 tbsp non-dairy milk
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp Morlife Blue Spirulina
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and gently fold together - make sure you don't over mix it!
- Let the batter rest for 8-9 minutes while you heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Scoop 1/4 cup in the heated pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until small bubbles form on the surface of the pancakes and flip. Cook on the opposite sides for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Repeat the process until you finish the whole batter and enjoy while is warm! Feel free to be creative with toppings - banana, yogurt and maple syrup are great options!