LUXEY RECIPES | No Bake Oats & Chocolate Cookie
Get ready to love this quick, easy and healthy snack to start your week off right!
This recipe is not only delicious but there's no need for baking, which makes it easier than most of the cookie recipes. And because this dough doesn't take eggs or butter, you can easily turn the recipe into a vegan friendly one by making it with plant-based milk and maple instead of honey.
By using oats instead of plain flour we are able to add heaps of health benefits into this cookie. Oats are an incredible nutritious carb packed with important vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Also, compared to other grains, oats are very high in protein and fiber - which makes these cookies very filling and healthy.
3 cups quick oats
1 medium ripe banana
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup your favourite milk
1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
- Smash the banana in a small bowl until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter, milk, cocoa powder, coconut oil and salt in a saucepan and place it in medium heat until it's all melted and easy to stir.
- Remove the pan from heat and whisk in the banana, honey and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the oats to the mixture. At this point the dough should be consistent and moist but not runny.
- Prepare a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Drop one heaped tablespoon of the dough onto the baking sheet. Using the spoon or your hands, gently flatten tops and shape it into a cookie shape. Repeat process with all the dough.
- Press the chopped chocolate decoratively on top of cookies.
- Place the no bake cookies in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Enjoy! The cookies will last up to a week in the fridge.