A easy, quick and healthy recipe for an amazingly nutritious breakfast.
We really love this recipe because it's quick and simple. It's the kind of recipe that makes life so much easier without compromising the healthy aspect that we need in our breakfast.
Oats are a great carb to have specially in the morning as it's full of important vitamins and minerals. Also, compared to other grains - like the ones added to cereals and breads - they are very high in protein and fiber.
Soaking chia seeds overnight helps activate all the amazing health benefits that this superfood provide. And if you a worried about your omega-3 intake they are a great option to add these fatty acids to your diet, specially if you are in a plant-based one.
1/2 cup of your favourite milk
3/4 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
1/2 cup rolled oats
Sliced strawberries and banana for topping (optional)
- Add the milk, chia seeds, peanut butter and maple syrup to a MiniLUX Sealed or any sealed container and stir them with a spoon.
- Add the oats and stir a few more times. Make sure all the ingredients have been moistened and immersed in the milk.
- Cover with the lid and set in the refrigerator overnight to soak.
- The next day, open and garnish with chosen toppings.
- Enjoy! These overnight oats will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.