Here's the perfect recipe to share with your valentine all year round!
These cupcakes are so easy to make and don't involve any complicated or special ingredients - you probably have all that you need to make this recipe in your kitchen right now! They turned out so light and fluffy that even if you’re not vegan you won’t be able to tell these have no eggs or dairy in them.
To celebrate Valentine's Day and make these cupcakes extra special we used pink frosting and sprinkled dried red rose petals on top. Even though most of the red food colourings are not vegan you can use natural ones such as beetroot powder. To make the pink frosting in this recipe we used the Pink Pitaya Powder from Unicorn Superfoods and they turned out beautiful.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Mix the plant-based milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes to turn to vegan buttermilk.
- Next, add the coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into your pan, filling 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Frost as desired and enjoy!