Do you need a nutritious and easy breakfast recipe that doesn't take any cooking skills? Here it is!
This recipe is full of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Oats are very high in many vitamins and minerals while chia seeds have 40% fiber by weight, making them one of the best sources of fiber in the world. Combining chia seeds and oats it's a great way to start your day because they will keep you feeling full until lunchtime.
Sprinkles of shredded coconut are great to help you consume iron and zinc, but you need to be careful because coconut meat has a high amount of saturated fat.
To make this breakfast oatmeal vegan use dairy free milk or even boiling water.
1 cup organic quick oats
1 cup dairy free milk
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp shredded coconut
1 tsp maple syrup
- Place oats, chia seeds, shredded coconut and maple syrup in a heat proof bowl and mix.
- If you are not eating right away put the mix in a heat proof container for later.
- When you are ready to eat heat the milk and pour into the mix.
- Let it seat for 5 minutes and enjoy.
- Feel free to be creative with toppings - nuts and fruits are great options!