These delicious choc chip cookies are not only vegan but also gluten free!
Substituting dairy chocolate for vegan dark chocolate will make these choc chip cookies a little healthier as vegan dark chocolate is stacked with health benefits!
Top 3 health benefits:
- Good for the heart
- Contains antioxidants
- Includes vitamins and minerals
1 1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate
1/3 cup gluten free flour blend
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup organic coconut sugar
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond flour, dark chocolate chips, gluten-free flour, baking powder, salt, and organic coconut sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat aquafaba using a handheld mixer until light and fluffy and loose peaks have formed.
- To the aquafaba, add the melted coconut oil and vanilla and beat or whisk to combine. Then add to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. You should have a firm, semi-tacky dough.
- Loosely cover and let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. In the meantime, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out 1 1/2-Tablespoon amounts of dough and transfer to your lined baking sheet. Use the palm of your hand to smash the cookies down slightly into small mounds. They won’t spread much, so no need to leave a ton of room between cookies. There should be about 11 cookies (amount as original recipe is written // expect a different yield if altering batch size).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Be careful not to burn (especially on the bottoms).
- Remove from oven and let cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Then carefully loosen with a spatula and enjoy or continue to let cool.
- Store cooled leftovers in a sealed container at room temperature up to 4 days or 1 month in the freezer.
Recipe credit Minimalist Baker